Friday, November 16, 2012

Halloween 2012 Larsen Style

This year's Halloween was super last minute. I had been looking online for costumes for our son, Leone, but nothing stood out. We had gone to thrift stores and other stores, but to no avail. Two days before we went to the dollar store and found some armor and a helmet and wanted to dress Leone as a knight. We were pretty excited about our decision, then the day of we changed our mind. Ha. Even our costumes were figured out the day before, but not Leone's. We decided we wanted to be a zombie wedding couple (because Aaron wanted us to be scary, not cute). I would've preferred to do a cute family costume but was surprised at how well our costumes turned out.

Here's our costume
 
 
I got the dress for $3 from the thrift store and the head piece/veil was from a yard sale we went to a couple years ago for some yard decor aaron did for Halloween. All of Aaron's clothes were his and the wig was $3 from the thrift store. The makeup we got half off 2 days before Halloween from Rite Aid. I know right? Who would've thunk, the day before Halloween things would go on sale already.

For Leone's costume I literally said the hour before let's just make him a baby bum/hobo whatever you want to call it. So we put him in clothes he already had and we used my SIL's beenie and just drew on his beard. I thought he looked so adorable. We got the idea from Pinterest, so I'm not trying to take credit for it.

 
 
This is part of the trunk or treat at our church that my SIL's decorated.
 
 
The Fly and The Burglar? Perhaps?
 
I'm not sure if next year will be planned or will be on the fly again. Whatever we do, I'm sure it'll turn out fine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment